Swale Rapid Response
We’re an inter-professional team comprising of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Mental Health Nurse and Support Workers.
The Swale Rapid Response Team provides a Nursing and Therapy, Rapid Response Service within 2 hours.
Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital, Bell Road, Sittingbourne, North Kent ME10 4DT
Patient Line: 0300 247 0400
More about us
The aim of team is to prevent patient’s admission to hospital and support discharge from hospital.
For patient’s recovering from ill health a programme can be devised to promote independence, wherever possible. This may entail providing equipment to assist with activities of daily living.
The team provides their services either in the patient’s own home or in an intermediate care bed on Harty or Kestrel Ward.
For patients with long term conditions a rehabilitation programme can be planned. Exercise programmes can be supervised by support workers.
- Inter-professional assessment and treatment, enabling the individual to remain in their own home, wherever possible
- Client rehabilitation to maximise mobility and independence following a fall, exacerbation of existing conditions and acute episodes
- Thorough falls assessment
- Assessment for admission to community hospital bed
- Personal care package for up to maximum 3 days
- Providing care at a patient’s end of life
- Changing catheters, administering drugs via syringe pump, providing IV antibiotics, routine observations, wound management, administering anticoagulants and insulin